Sunday, November 30, 2008

¿My brother.... My responsibility?

 ¿My brother.... My responsibility?  ¡My brother.... My responsibility!  In church this morning Pastor Santiago preached on Isaiah 58:1-12 and the importance of our faith being accompanied by actions.  (Jas 2:17) He stressed the importance that we are responsible for our brother, and that action will be the natural result of a true and living faith.  What a blessing to be able to be able to be able to worship and learn in the congregation of Paz de Dios.
 
Saturday evening, German and I had a couple of the guys from the church over to sleep outside under the stars (i.e. with no tent).  We had a wonderful time together, and had a lot of fun.  During today's message, Santiago used one of my pictures from the previous evening as an example of irresponsibility.  I'll include it with this post.
 
What about you?  What is your motivating factor for helping your brother?  Is it a true and living faith in Jesus?  The Bible tells us that without faith it is impossible to please God.  (Heb. 11:6 Isa 64:6)   As you look around you, what do you see?  Do you see people "playing with fire" unawares? What are you doing to warn them?  (Ezek 3:18, 19)

No comments: