Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas program

Hi all,
 
This evening was the Christmas program at the church.  It was really casual.  Different people just got together, practiced and sang.  It was a really fun evening.  There were probably about 15 different numbers.  In between each number, Fernando or Cati would read different sections from the Christmas story.  Fernando is in charge of the music at PDD and Cati is his wife.  They are a young couple with no kids (yet).  Near the end Dario S gave a short message.
 
German, Paul, Pedro Soto, and I got together and sang Gloria Alleluia together.  They are a hoot.  All three of them are mature in the Lord and are hilarious characters.  Talk about a good time!  Poor Paul and German where nervous wrecks the whole program.  I don't think either of them had sung in front of people before.  They were in danger of bailing the whole time, and kept talking during the program.  Unfortunately, our special music was the very last so they had to suffer through the whole program.  They kept asking me how this part went, how it started, etc.  Just before we "went on stage" Paul passed around chocolates... caffeine to help everyone's nerves I guess.  I'm not sure what it did for the voices.  :-P  German and Paul, have a hard time carrying a tune as it is.  The song went over well.  It was by no means polished, but we certainly put all our hearts into it. 
 
Here are a few pictures from the evening.  I had a picture of the quartet, but it turned out very blurry.  The little angle, is Camila Landivar.  She's the youngest daughter of  Gerardo, one of the elders.  She's become one of my special little friends.  Every time I see her, I have to pick her up and ask how she's been.  This evening as we left the church, she hollered "Chao Justo" from way down the street for the whole world to hear.  :-)  I just love little children.  Camila is in kindergarten.
 
These pictures give a little bit of the idea about the evening, but I recorded some videos as well.  I'll have to see if I can get them uploaded to YouTube.
 
P.S. and yes, for those of you who know Spanish, there is a grammatical mistake in the letters behind the people singing.  Even this gringo noticed all by myself during the program. 
 
 

No comments: