Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas friends

As I was away from my immediate family, I was ever more appreciative of the fellowship and unity with fellow believers this Christmas.  Fellowship and unity is what Christmas is all about.  Because of the distance, it was impossible for me to be with my family this year for Christmas, and in the same way, because of our sin, it was impossible for us to fellowship with God.  It is impossible for us to do anything to have that unity with Him and come into His presence.  The exciting part, is that God did everything.  He CAME to us!  "Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us..."  "Isa 60:1  Arise, shine, for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee."  "Mt 1:23  "Behold, a virgin shall be with child and shall bring forth a Son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel" (which being interpreted is, "God with us")." 
 
When we couldn't do anything to go to Him, He came and dwelt with us.  He came and was, no IS Emmanuel!  All we must do is open the doors of our hearts and allow Him to come in.
 
Here are some pictures of different friends I was with on the evening of the 24th.  We had a church service, and then the pastor's family invited me over to his house to celebrate together.  I mentioned Camila in another post.  I included a picture of me holding her.

No comments: