Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fishing Tilapia

On Saturday some brothers from the church invited German and I to go with them and harvest tilapia.  Their dad has property about 2 hours away from Cuenca and fish ponds with tilapia.  When we arrived I found out that besides the fish ponds there were all sorts of fruit trees.  The land was in a warm valley close to the pacific cost.  There was maracuya, papaya, sugarcane, guavas, guayavas, mangos, yucca, papa china, and 5 or 6 varieties of bananas.  Not all the trees were producing at this time of year, but many were.  We had a fun time fishing, exploring, chewing sugarcane, and best of all eating bananas to our hearts content.  I couldn't guess how many bananas I ate today.  It was marvelous.  I was also surprised with how many butterflies were around.  I tried to get a few pictures for Dad.  It was a good time to relax and have good Christian fellowship.

No comments: